Saturday 28 January 2012

Nosey Parker In the Neighbourhood

Diary of a Flutter.Kat

 
Today I am linking up with Kat over at A Mumma's Time to Create for her Nosey Parker in the Neighbourhood Linky Party! I have missed the first couple of blog posts, but thought I would join up from now on. Number 3 is all about sewing, so here goes!

1)  How long have you been sewing? Are you a first generation sewer or was the knowledge handed down to you? Basically tell us about your journey...

I have only recently picked up sewing, roughly about 6 months ago, I have always wanted to sew, and have had a little sewing machine for about 7 years which I probably used about 7 times! I just never had enough confidence to sew anything. When I had my daughter Emelia, I became aware of the handmade community and would buy pretty outfits from WAHM's for Emelia. I have always been very crafty and started out making pretty headbands and embelished singlets/onsies, then after joining pinterest and seeing all the tutorials for making gorgeous clothes, I decided I would give it a go!


First 2 Dresses I made!

2)  Where do you sew?

I am very lucky to have my own sewing space. It used to be our Theater room, but as we never used it I claimed it for my sewing room! It is quite a nice big room, with lots of space to stetch out!

3) What does your sewing room/area look like today in it's real state. Take a picture of it if possible and show it to us real :)

I just re-arranged my room, to give my self some floor space, as I have recently taken up quilting and I needed some room to lay out my quilts.


 My sewing desk, with My lovely Brother, My old Janome and My Pfaff Overlocker

Cutting Desk (With loads of rubbish underneath - still need to sort it out) And Fabric Stash... NEED to sort this out as well

View from the door, my current stock getting ready for Market Girl

Other view from the door! Ironing board in the corner

Purchased Clothing ready to be sent off

4)  What is the first thing that you made which you were really proud of. Show us pics of your favourite project.

Well I showed you a picture of the first little Dresses I made, but I will Show you a few things I am proud of!


Little Christmas Dress I whipped up one afternoon for my little Miss!

Ruffle Bum Playsuit, this is made from my very own pattern! not bad for someone who had only been sewing for a few months!

Cute little romper!

5)  Do you always stick to the "rules" when you sew, or are you more improvisationally minded?

Bahahahahaha RULES??? I NEVER stick to rules, if there is a quicker/easier way of doing something I will find it haha. I am ALWAYS changing patterns to suit me.


well I hope you have enjoyed this post!

Bec

4 comments:

  1. It's looking really awesome Bec! I'll have to come over soon for a demo.
    And for a girl who's only been sewing 6 months you sure do have a lot of fabric ;P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thats awesome!!!!!!!! Had a sticky beak hahahaha. your so clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your space with us. It's nice to meet someone who has the same Brother as I do! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, Bec!!! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete